Early Childhood Education Centers and Schools
Lutheran Schools are places where God's work is done through our hands.
Listing of RMS schools
The Rocky Mountain Synod is grateful for the ministry of 38 congregations, located in all five states, who through their schools help children learn about words and numbers as well as God’s love for the world and for each of them. In our Lutheran schools faith development is seamlessly integrated into the whole of a child’s rapid human development. Our congregation-centered schools are natural connectors to the home and to the neighborhood. These educational ministries make a difference in the lives of students, their households, our congregations, and communities.
Facts about Schools and Early Childhood Centers in the Rocky Mountain Synod:
- The RMS has 38 congregation-based schools and early childhood centers, located in all five states
- Thirty-seven are pre-schools and/or early childhood centers
- Six include Kindergarten classes
- One school serves K-Fifth grade
Facts about schools and Early Childhood Centers Across the ELCA
- The ELCA has 1,530 early childhood education centers, 257 elementary schools and 14 high schools.
- Schools and early childhood education centers are found in each of the 65 synods of the ELCA.
- Students are taught by 15,000 educators serving more than 150,000 children and youth each year.
- 20% of all students in ELCA schools and early childhood education centers are children of color.
- 72% of students attending ELCA related schools and education centers are not Lutheran. Of that total, 20% are unchurch.
- In the 2006-2007 school year 2,391 new members joined ELCA congregations through the ministry of the schools.
- During the 2005-2007 school years the ELCA opened 49 new schools and early childhood education centers.
- For more information about ELCA schools and early childhood education centers visit the Annual School Survey.
“I want you woven into a tapestry of love, in touch with everything there is to know of God. Then you will have minds confident and at rest, focused on Christ, God's great mystery. All the richest treasures of wisdom and knowledge are embedded in that mystery and nowhere else.”
Colossians 2:2-3 from The Message
Evangelical Lutheran Education Association
Peace, El Paso: A preschool built for a multicultural future
Hands for Helping is a devotion guide written for the 2009-2010 school year. It is valuable for personal or staff devotions, board and congregation meetings. It reminds us of the many ways children and youth are doing God's work with their hands.