Youth and Household Ministry
Forming Disciples for
the Sake of the World
To support, network and equip every institution, congregation, leader, household, parent, and caring adult in the Rocky Mountain Synod to keep the Baptismal Promises; by creating a vital church-home partnership which nurtures and passes on faith while supporting the life passage and milestones from childhood to youth to young adult.
An active, living faith in Jesus Christ in each youth and young adult in the Rocky Mountain Synod and in the adults who love them and walk along side them.
Over the past forty years there have been prophetic voices and organizations who have called upon the church to rethink its approach for faith formation, beginning with our youth and the families with whom they live. You are invited to join us as we:
- Live into a new vision for faith formation and servant leadership with those ages 13-24,
- Discover effective approaches based on our Lutheran heritage, solid theology and current research
- Share with one another effective faith practices and align our resources around a common mission and vision,
- Build networks in response and support for one another in this critical and urgent work of the church – in our congregations, partners in ministry and the households and communities where our young people live their daily lives.
For more information contact:
Pastor Sarah Moening, Assistant to the Bishop for Youth & Household Ministry
“I have been reminded of your sincere faith - and what a rich faith it is, handed down from those who so deeply love you and care for you. And the special gift of ministry you received when I laid hands on you and prayed – keep that a ablaze. God doesn’t want us to be shy with the gifts given each one of us, but bold and loving and sensible.”
Paul’s words to young Timothy in 2 Timothy 1:3-7
The Seven Core Values of Youth and Household Ministry
- Youth and Household Ministry is biblically based and grounded in Lutheran theology.
- The household is the primary place of faith nurturing.
- All participants in congregational life, regardless of age, are vital to Youth and Household Ministry.
- Youth and Household Ministry values different personalities, needs and gifts of youth.
- Youth and Household Ministry is about local, national, and global awareness, and the call of the greater church to serve.
- The gifts for effective Youth and Household Ministry already reside in the congregation.
- There are clear expectations of Youth and Household Ministry leaders and they are supported and equipped by the congregation and its leaders.