You are here
2019 Churchwide Assembly Resources
In August 2019, voting members from across the ELCA gathered in Milwaukee under the theme "We Are Church" for the Churchwide Assembly. The resources and links below are connected to documents and decisions emerging from the Assembly.
- A declaration of apology to our siblings of African descent, which was received by the African Descent Lutheran Association with thanks and a call for accountability and living into the words shared. Additional resource for continuing racial justice work can be found here
- Approved support for the World Council of Church’s Thursdays in Black, awareness movement for a world without rape and violence.
- Approved a Declaration of Inter-Religious Commitment, reaffirming ecumenical and interfaith partnerships.
- Adopted a new social statement, Faith, Sexism, and Justice: a Call to Action, and its implementing resolutions.
- Acknowledged the anniversaries of the ordination of women, ordination of women of color, and the anniversary of the policy change that removed barriers to LGBTQIA leaders. Bible studies, worship resources, and adult forum guides are available for the 50-40-10 Anniversary commemoration.