You are here
Exhibitors and Display Area
Dear Partners in Ministry,
Thank you for being a part of our 2018 Synod Assembly! Your work and ministry is vital to our witness "for the life of the world" and we are excited to help you share part of your story! The main opportunities to be a part of the assembly this year will be participating in the display area and offering a page for our ministry magazine.
As a Bishop Election year our plenary sessions agenda and workshop space is largely dependent on how the election unfolds. We are asking for both your flexibility and partnership in this unknown space. We would like to have a handful of videos and in person stories from you, that we could call up as the agenda allows. We are also creating some informal conversation times, known as Open Space, that will be available if we do not need all ballots. With limited breakout space, we may not be able to honor all requests. If you would like to offer a video, in person report, or Open Space Conversation, please also share a brief explanation of what you would like to offer, or the video link.
Email Deacon Erin Power (email@example.com) with questions regarding display space or other exhibitor requests.
Remember, you must also register as an exhibitor, visitor, or voting member to participate in the display area.
We are grateful for your partnership in ministry and the many ways you support the mission of the Rocky Mountain Synod in proclaiming and embodying God's unconditional love for the sake of the world. This year we want to highlight our partnership by locating your ministry within the four focus areas of our Strategic Plan: Claiming Our Gifts, Equipping All Leaders, Connecting in Ministry and Witness, and Accompanying One Another into God's Future.
As you create your ministry page, please include the logo from one of the ministry areas that most relate to your ministry. The logo should be placed in the upper right hand corner of the page. Your page submission should be 8.5x11 and submitted in PDF form.
- Claiming our Gifts Logo
- Equipping All Leaders
- Connecting in Ministry and Witness
- Accompanying One Another into God's Future
Email Deacon Erin Power with questions regarding the Ministry Magazine.
Deadline for Submitting the Ministry Magazine Page is March 23.
Ministry Magazine Submission
Guidelines for Assembly Displays
These general guidelines also relate to pages included in our assembly ministry magazine and open space conversations.
In accordance with the model established by the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) for display space at assemblies, the Rocky Mountain Synod requires all requests for display space at its assemblies to meet the following criteria:
• Display space exists only for the purpose of informing and educating voting members and visitors to the assembly.
• Display space is provided to the agencies and institutions related to the synod; task forces, teams, committees, and affiliated ministries of the synod; units and ministries of the ELCA, and ecumenical ministries affiliated with and approved by the synod.
• No display space will be provided for organizations that have no official relationship to the ELCA.
• No commercial displays or sales booths are permitted. Any items that are sold must have prior approval from the Assembly Planning Committee.
• A display that does not relate to the mission and purpose of the synod or is considered offensive will be removed. The decision of the Assembly Planning Committee and the bishop will be final.
• The decision to grant permission for a display and the placement of tables is that of the Assembly Planning Committee.
• The contact person requesting the space is responsible for the set up and removal of the display.
• The Rocky Mountain Synod and the assembly host will not be responsible for loss, theft, or damage to display items.
• All shipping costs related to a display are the responsibility of the display host.
• Registration as a voting member, a visitor, or an exhibitor is required for each organization requesting display space.