You are here
Synod Youth Gathering Visioning
Vision of RMS Youth Gatherings
Youth gatherings are intended to be a place to equip our youth and their leaders to live into what God has called them to be as his faithful disciples. A youth gathering is an opportunity for youth to be gathered together as the body of Christ, learning from each other, and being sent out to live as Christ has called them into a life of discipleship, service, and sharing of the gospel.
The Future of RMS Youth Gatherings
Over the past year, a team of rostered ministers and faith formation professions has gathered for intentional conversation around the sustainability and accessibility of youth gathering experiences in the Rocky Mountain Synod. Out of these conversations is a new vision for The RMS Youth Gathering:
- ONE YOUTH GATHERING for Grades 6 - 12 held Saturday - Monday of Martin Luther King, Jr weekend
- Three year rotation of LOCATION and FOCUS
- Year 1: Southern Colorado • Church for the Sake of the World
- Year 2: Northern Colorado • Vocation and Reflection
- Year 3: Synod Location • Christ Church, Better Together
- An EXECUTIVE TEAM focused on stability and oversight of RMS Youth Gatherings and an AREA ENGAGEMENT TEAM focused on a particular Gathering
To learn more about a new vision for The RMS Youth Gathering, read the Rocky Mountain Synod Youth Gathering Proposal.
2020 RMS Gathering