You are here
2020 Mission Support Intent
Beloved in the Rocky Mountain Synod,
Christ’s Church is alive and well in the Rocky Mountain Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America! Thanks to your continued participation and financial generosity we are learning anew not only what it means to be Better Together, but to be Christ’s Church for the life of the world.
Thank you for YOUR part in our shared ministry and witness and for YOUR gracious support of our life together as Christ’s Church, for your investment in all that it means to be God’s people in the ELCA Rocky Mountain Synod!
As we move from 2019 to 2020, know that your Synod Council and staff are continuing the ministry guided by our strategic plan. Building on the Spirit’s work among us, we will continue to focus on the following key areas that empower us to proclaim and embody God’s unconditional love for the sake of the world.
- Claiming Our Gifts - Teach, proclaim and share the significance of our ELCA way of being part of Christ’s Church with a clear and contagious vision from abundance. Over 60 congregations and a gathering of senior high students have engaged in this teaching of our ELCA identity.
- Connecting in Ministry and Witness - Foster a Spirit of active collaboration and intentional connection across our Synod. We are excited to accompany a cohort of leaders in part-time ministry and launch a conversation around vital, right-sized ministries.
- Equipping All Leaders - Build healthy and vibrant faith communities by equipping lay leaders, pastors, and deacons for excellence in leadership. In 2019, 80 leaders joined in our launch of our Excellence in Leadership learning communities!
- Accompanying One another into God’s Future - Seek and promote new ways of being Christ’s Church together in the world. We gathered to ask new questions at our fall theological conference and are on the verge of launching a new worshipping community in Boulder, CO.
- Growing in Gratitude and Generosity - Strengthen our financial capacity for ministry and witness relying on a spirituality of generosity and abundance. A team of committed leaders are stewarding a targeted campaign synodical campaign and we have realigned staffing strategies to support this priority.
Your faithful investment in our life together allows this vision to become reality. As you finalize your congregational spending plans for 2020, we ask you to give prayerful consideration to your congregation’s mission support for 2020, knowing that your generosity not only funds our work as a synod but contributes to the impact made by our vast churchwide ministries. Our goal next year is to share 48% of all congregation support with our ELCA Churchwide organization.
You will be receiving in the mail a mission support intent form for 2019 together with a LITANY to be used in celebrating your congregation’s generosity. You can either return the form by mail (English/Spanish PDF)or fill out the form below.
Thank you for the many ways that you enable us to live and serve as Christ’s Church, Better Together!
Yours in Faith,
Bishop Jim Gonia
Vice President Earline Bohling