You are here
2021 Mission Support Intent
Despite the many challenges faced in 2020, Christ's Church continues to proclaim God's unconditional love across the Rocky Mountain Synod. Thanks to your continued participation and financial generosity we are learning anew not only what it means to be Better Together, but to be Christ’s Church for the life of the world.
Thank you for YOUR part in our shared ministry and witness and for YOUR gracious support of our life together as Christ’s Church, for your investment in all that it means to be God’s people in the ELCA Rocky Mountain Synod!
Your faithful investment in our life together allows this vision to become reality. As you finalize your congregational spending plans for 2021, we ask you to give prayerful consideration to your congregation’s mission support for 2021, knowing that your generosity not only funds our work as a synod but contributes to the impact made by our vast churchwide ministries. Our goal next year is to share 47.5% of all congregation support with our ELCA Churchwide organization.
Mission Support Intent
Please utilize these resources to share about our life together and commit as a worshipping community your mission support intent for 2021.
- Mission Support Litany (Spanish)
- Mission Support Intent Form pdf (Spanish)
- Online Mission Support Intent form
Mission Support/Stewardship Resources
- 2021 Annual Report Insert
- What is Mission Support? (pdf)
- What is Mission Support? Video
- Thank You Video
Vision for 2021
As we move from 2020 to 2021, know that your Synod Council and staff are continuing the ministry guided by our strategic plan. Building on the Spirit’s work among us, we will continue to focus on the following key areas that empower us to proclaim and embody God’s unconditional love for the sake of the world.
- Claiming Our Gifts - Teach, proclaim and share the significance of our ELCA way of being part of Christ’s Church with a clear and contagious vision from abundance.
- Connecting in Ministry and Witness - Foster a Spirit of active collaboration and intentional connection across our Synod. We have gathered in person and via zoom for 4 ordinations and 20 installations of pastors and deacons.
- Equipping All Leaders - Build healthy and vibrant faith communities by equipping lay leaders, pastors, and deacons for excellence in leadership. Recently 160 leaders from our synod gathered via ZOOM for our fall Theological Conference centered on anti-racism and white supremacy.
- Accompanying One another into God’s Future - Seek and promote new ways of being Christ’s Church together in the world. Educate, Equip, Enact continues to accompany rostered ministers while working with congregations to explore vital, right-sized ministry.
- Growing in Gratitude and Generosity - Strengthen our financial capacity for ministry and witness relying on a spirituality of generosity and abundance.