You are here
PLEASE NOTE: Registration is a two-part process.
- You register for the Assembly (here or use the link at the bottom of this page)
- If you have already made a hotel reservation, please remember to cancel!
The cost for all visitors and voting members is $25. If you have already registered, we will be adjusting invoices and issuing refunds as neccessary in the next few weeks.
Information You Will Need to complete Registration:
- Email address for registrant: For online voting and communication purposes, this email address should NOT be the general email address of the church office. The email address listed in each registration should be unique for the voting member and able to be accessed during the assembly.
- Mailing address for each voting member. Voting member will be mailed assembly materials directly to their homes.
For questions about registration or to make changes, call the Office of the Bishop or email Deniese Estrada: email@example.com.
If you are paying by check:
Please print a copy of your registration confirmation and send it, along with a check made out to the Rocky Mountain Synod to:
Rocky Mountain Synod
7375 Samuel Drive
Denver, CO 80221
If you would like to pay by credit card, please note their is an additional fee of $10/person.
Registration Deadline is April 14.
Payment Deadline is April 21.
How many voting members?
The voting members of the assembly are determined as follows:
A. Congregations are allowed 2 lay voting members, 1 male and 1 female.
B. In addition, based upon baptized membership records for the previous year
(1) Congregations having membership of 650 to 1,199 baptized members shall be allowed one additional lay voting member (male or female).
(2) Congregations having membership of 1,200 or more baptized members shall be allowed two additional lay voting members (one male and one female).
- In the selection of voting members, congregations are urged to be aware of the matter of inclusiveness of persons of color and/or persons whose primary language is other than English.
D. All Ministers of Word and Sacrament (pastors) and Ministers of Word and Service (deacons) under call or on leave from call on the roster of the Rocky Mountain Synod are voting members.
G. All retired Ministers of Word and Sacrament on the roster of this synod who are currently serving as interim pastors and all Ministers of Word and Sacrament on leave from call on the roster of this synod who are currently serving as interim pastors and who are in attendance at the assembly are voting members.
H. Youth/Young Adult Voting Members
It is the goal of this synod that at least 10% of the voting members of the Synod Assembly, Synod Council, committees, and organizational units of this synod be youth and young adults. For purposes of the constitution, bylaws, and continuing resolutions of this synod, the term “youth” means a voting member of a congregation who has not reached the age of 18 at the time of election or appointment for service. The term “young adult” means a voting member of a congregation between the ages of 18 and 30 at the time of election or appointment for service.
Encouraging Youth and Young Adults to be Leaders in the Church
The Rocky Mountain Synod will continue to live into the ELCA's goal of expanded roles for youth and young adults in all expressions of our church. Rostered and lay leaders are encouraged to have conversations with the youth and young adults in their midst regarding the opportunity to serve on church council and as voting members at this year's synod assembly.
A youth or young adult voting member is not an additional voting member. The youth or young adult is one of your congregation's allotted voting members.