May 16-18, 2023, El Paso, Texas
Welcome to the RMS 2023 Assembly!
We will gather in El Paso, Texas, from Tuesday, May 16, 2023 at 4:00 pm to Thursday, May 18, 2023 at noon, to be confronted by the gifts and challenges of ministry and mission on the southern border.
Save the dates for 2024 (mark your calendars!) April 25-27 at the Embassy Suites, Loveland, CO!
Click the image to download your Assembly Handbook!
Synod Assembly business
- Proposed Budget Report 2023-24
- RMS Congregation Mission Support 2022
- RMS Balance Sheet, January 31, 2023
- RMS Statement of Revenues Expenditures, January 31, 2023
- Proposed Constitutional Changes (updated)
- Updated revision recommended by the Campus Ministry Committee, March, 2023
- Updated revision recommended by the Global Church Network
All positions are open to lay or rostered, male/female/gender non-binary candidates.
- Synod Council Secretary (description)
- Synod Council Metro West Conference representative
- Synod Council Young Adult (age 18-30)
Border Immersion Experiences on Wednesday, May 17
Every attendee will have the opportunity to participate in a border immersion experience:
- travel to Ciudad Juarez, Mexico (valid US passport REQUIRED)
- in the US only
- at the El Paso Convention Center
The local team will make every effort to accommodate your preferences, and not all participants will have the opportunity to travel to Mexico. Indicate your choice of border immersion when you register.
Important readings and resources for the Border Immersion Program!
(click to view/download)
- Border Immersion Pre-Arrival Preparation Guide
- Rocky Mountain Synod Border Immersion Day Packing List - What to bring, what NOT to bring
- Health History Form for Border Immersion Program [Word/PDF]
(this form (front & back) must be filled out by each participant)
Interested in extending your time in El Paso?
Take a deeper dive into the beauty and complexity of the border.
Post-Assembly: Mini-immersion will begin at 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 18th (the assembly concludes at noon), and conclude with breakfast on Saturday, May 20th. Cost for programming, food, housing, and transportation is $1`25 per person - Contact Diana Linden-Johnson HERE for more information, and/or register TODAY using the button below.
Participants will stay at Iglesia Luterana Cristo Rey in shared rooms for both events.