Within VRSM are the following opportunities:
- Council/leadership conversations around vitality and right-shaping
- Congregational Values/Mission/Vision/Strategy Consultation
- Excellence in Leadership Scholarships for VRSM Congregations
- Coaching for RMs involved in VRSM
- Vitality and Innovation Grants for enrolled congregations
- LSS financial counseling
- Congregational Life Review
- Congregational Vitality Surveys and consultation
- BCG (Beginning a Culture of Generosity) at a reduced price
- SAS (Stewardship for All Seasons) at a reduced price
- Congregational Leadership Emotional Intelligence Training by a certified “EQ-I” trainer
What do vital congregations look like?
Vital congregations create cultures that call members/friends/disciples to act out of their shared values to live into the mission of God in their context. The mission is fueled by vision for their desired future and their discernment of God’s pull on them from God’s future.
Vital congregations will have engaged, mature leadership. Their leaders will be increasing in their self-awareness and self-management, understand healthy systems, and be connected to their contexts. The emotional intelligence of the congregation and its leaders is key to vitality.
A vital congregation will be able to innovate; they will be nimble and agile. This means living as a learning organization…willing to experiment and fail, willing to engage in evaluation…what worked/what didn’t work/how do we make it better?
A vital congregation will be able to innovate; they will be nimble and agile. This means living as a learning organization…willing to experiment and fail, willing to engage in evaluation, and willing to trust God to guide their future.
3E Core Value
Adaptive Leadership calls on them to address problems by focusing on learning, engaging stakeholders, acting, and evaluating. It calls on leaders to become nimble, be willing to experiment, and even to fail as they seek to approach their challenges in fresh ways.