You are here
Ministerial Excellence Fund
Due to the continuous stream of outside donations designated towards the 3E Ministerial Excellence Fund (MEF), we are opening up Emergency Debt Relief grants for the remainder of 2019. Currently, there is $12,000 available with anticipation of more to be received over the calendar year. A pastor, deacon or candidate will be able to apply for up to $1K -- no matching funds required. If you are interested in learning about these grants, click here to complete the Initial MEF Grant Inquiry form.
Application Process for Ministerial Excellence Funds
The Ministerial Excellence Fund is a sign of the partnership we share in ministry in the Rocky Mountain Synod. Funds have been contributed by generous congregations and individuals who understand that we share a common purpose, and that lifting the welfare of one lifts the welfare of all. The Lilly Endowment provided generous matching funds to build the Ministerial Excellence Fund for the good of our rostered ministers and candidates. Any rostered minister in the Rocky Mountain Synod (active, retired, disabled, on leave from call) is welcome to apply. Candidates who are currently in the process through the Rocky Mountain Synod are welcome to apply.
Applications are received by the Fiscal Wellness Grants Board, which meets quarterly.
Applications are reviewed in light of expected outcomes which include:
- Relief of significant financial hardship and/or enhanced financial health of the rostered minister/candidate’s household.
- Participation in finance and stewardship education programs and events by the rostered minister/candidate.
- Improved financial literacy and generous stewardship behaviors of the rostered minister/candidate.
- Increased financial resources flowing out of the congregation to support other shared ministries.
- Enhancement of the overall ministry of the rostered minister/candidate and ministry as a result of participation in the Ministerial Excellence Fund.